Internal Bond Tester and Prep Station
The Internal Bond™ Tester is designed to determine the internal bond strength of a variety of Paper and Board materials according to TAPPI T 569 and ISO 16260. The instrument design is based on a falling pendulum which creates a high speed impact on a paper specimen. The paper specimen is sandwiched between two double-coated tape substrates. The pendulum impact measures the total energy required to delaminate the internal fibers of a specimen in a “Z” type direction into two plies.
An automatic sample preparation station
(Model 80-30) is available which allows five specimens to be accurately pressed and cut simultaneously. The prep station includes a safety enclosure over the cutting blades, eliminating the use of box cutting knives to separate the individual test specimens.
- 7” inch full-color digital touchscreen display
- Storage and editing of up to 100 readings including average and standard deviation
- Selectable units (ft.lb/in², J/m² and kg•cm)
- Easy-to-use one button operation for clamping anvil and starting test
- Report printout with built-in printer
- Ability to create, edit and save test procedures
- Automatic specimen hold-down during test sequence
- Universal power supply for 110V / 220V operations
- Automatic pendulum brake after test (optional)
- Calibration block set for verifying calibration (optional)