Honicel Water-repellent is a water-repellent paper honeycomb and is made from phenolic impregnated paper and is suitable for application in moist environments. Honicel Water-repellent is mainly used as a core or filling material in constructive sandwich panels which will be placed in damp or humid areas. Honicel Expanded is broadly used as a low-cost core or filling material in the interior doors, partition walls, and furniture panels.
Honicel Water-repellent paper honeycomb
- appropriate for gluing processes with UF, PVA or PUR Hotmelt
- suitable as a core material between facings of softwood, hardboard, plywood, plasterboard, chipboard, MDF, HDF, melamine and steel
- qualified as a core material between flat and moulded facings
- easily adapts to any shape
- outstanding deformation properties
- available with or without ventilation slits or holes
Honicel Water-repellent is highly suitable for low- to high-volume output manufacturing processes and special projects. Honicel Water-repellent will only obtain its water-repellence level after it is heated at a minimum temperature of 250 degrees centigrade. Honicel Water-repellent paper honeycomb is only available in Honicel Expanded paper honeycomb.
Honicel Water-repellent paper honeycomb specifications
- cell size: 15, 21 and 25 mm
- paper weight: 120 gr/sq. m
- pressure strength: up to 5 kg/sq. cm
- thickness tolerance: up to +0.1/-0.1 mm