AboutANDRITZ Separation and Pump Technologies India Private Limited
Highest energy efficiencies | Strong process know-how | Lower life-cycle-costs
ANDRITZ offers premium pumping technology from a single source – from development work, model tests, engineering design, manufacture and project management, to after-sales service and training – tailored to your requests and needs.
The international technology group ANDRITZ looks back on a long tradition as a manufacturer of machinery and industrial plants. In 1852, the company was established by Josef Körösi in Graz as an iron foundry. Just a few years later, the product range included pumps and water turbines.
After the Second World War, ANDRITZ began its cooperation with the Swiss Escher Wyss Group. In 1951, ANDRITZ embarked on the production of complete paper machines together with Escher Wyss. As a result, part of the pumps department began specializing in the pulp and paper industry. Many different process pumps were developed over the years, and the pumps program is constantly expanding.
In 1954, the Anstalt für Strömungsmaschinen (ASTROE Institute of Hydraulic Research) was established. This provided a modern research institute for hydraulic machines that was awarded state authorization in 1959 to issue test certificates recognized by the Austrian government. Today, hydraulic machines are developed and tested at five locations within the ANDRITZ GROUP.
In 2006, ANDRITZ acquired the hydropower division of VA TECH. This acquisition made ANDRITZ a leading global supplier of water and pump turbines.
In 2008, ANDRITZ also took over the hydropower sector of GE Energy. All hydropower activities of the ANDRITZ GROUP, including the Pumps Division (ANDRITZ Pumps), are combined in the ANDRITZ HYDRO business area.