CMT-330TC Three-Knife Trimmer
The new Challenge CMT 330TC has expanded capability to finish cut LANDSCAPE FORMATTED BOOKS up to 12.1” (307 mm) tall by 12.9” (328 mm) wide and down to 5.875” (149 mm) tall by 3.937” (100 mm) wide. Designed and built in Michigan-USA, the CMT 330TC utilizes powerful hydraulic cutting and clamping pressure to effortlessly cut up to a 2” (50.8 mm) thick book.
The CMT 330TC utilizes servo and stepper motors to accurately position books for cutting. Full digital control of the set-up allows book size changes in less than 6 seconds. There is no need to perform manual adjustments or exchange book clamps. The CMT 330TC exclusively features simultaneous in-line and near-line feeding capability. This allows the trimmer to automatically switch between feeding books directly from an in-line perfect binder or from a manually loaded near-line book pile feeder. If one system is waiting for the next book, the other system can feed the trimmer to provide maximum production throughput.
The CMT 330TC Trimmer incorporates the most advanced book trimming technology available. The new 10.5” color touch screen display, easy to use operator interface and smart diagnostic assistance makes the CMT 330TC the leader for operational simplicity. Automatic size detection of the pre-trimmed book makes job programming easy, requiring the entry of only three dimensions. Alternatively, the integrated bar code reader can scan the trim dimensions from a pre-printed barcode on the cover to adjust the knife settings automatically. Simply stated, the CMT 330TC is a fully automated book-of-one trimming solution.
- Capability to trim landscape formatted books up to 12.1" (307 mm) x 12.9" (328 mm)
- Full high-speed digital control for fast and accurate set-ups in under 6 seconds
- Bar code system for fully automated set-up
- Simultaneous in-line and near-line book feeding option to maximize utilization
- Automatic size detection of untrimmed book blocks
- 10.5" (267 mm) color touch screen display
- Precision knife depth control reducing cut stick wear and knife depth machine adjustments
- Automated precision finish cut mode for jobs with large spine trim cuts
- Live graphical display of book path
- Thickness range up to 2" (51 mm)
- Hydraulic powered cutting
- No tools or clamp boards required during book size changes
- Integrated computer diagnostics with graphical display of sensor locations
- Strong knife assembly and table support design to minimize deflection