Redefining packaging for a changing world
We work in partnership with our customers across the globe to continually develop innovations,ensuring their products achieve more for less.
Our purpose in Packaging
DEVELOP THE RIGHT STRATEGIES
We don’t have a product catalogue. Our Impact and PackRight centres help customers see what’s possible to meet their challenge.
Our starting point is always the end benefit of what we do, rather than the product we create. We focus on increasing sales, reducing costs and minimising risks.
We are responding to the changing needs of our customers through digital printing and our Made2Fit technology.
PUT SUSTAINABILITY AT THE HEART
Our 14 day box-to-box model is a journey from the box, to the retailer, to recycling to production.
Supply Cycle Strategists
Not only do we help specify packaging solutions to generate more sales, but do so while ensuring lower cost and manage risk resulting in a step change in our customers performance.
DS Smith’s comprehensive product range encompasses retail and shelf ready packaging, transit cases, consumer boxes, corrugated packs printed for gift and point of sale displays, and heavy duty industrial products.
We complete our offering with consultancy services on supply chain audit, creative design, picking operations (KAYPAL®) and local service offering close to our customers.
Thanks to the combined operations of DS Smith's business divisions, we are a leading force in high performance recycled packaging, boasting:
- c. 24,800 employees
- 34 countries
- more than 230 manufacturing sites
- 45 Impact and PackRight Centres
- c. 8.5 billion m2 corrugated board sold in 2018/19
For Now. And for Next. Our Sustainability Strategy.
As the pace of change in the world accelerates, consumers are demanding more of the products and services they buy. At the same time, there is an expectation that organisations of all kinds must radically reduce their impact on the natural world. And, where possible, create positive impact for people and the planet.
Sustainability sits at the heart of our business model and is core to our Purpose of Redefining Packaging for a Changing World. We are proud to launch our new Now and Next sustainability strategy, focused on the sustainability challenges we are facing today, as well as those that will impact on future generations.
Our Now and Next Sustainability Strategy focuses on closing the loop through better design, protecting natural resources by making the most of every fiber, reducing waste and pollution through circular solutions and equipping people to lead the transition to a circular economy.
We work with customers to design circular packaging solutions that achieve more from less, delivering for rapidly changing consumer lifestyles with minimum impact on the world around us.
- By 2023 we will manufacture 100% reusable or recyclable packaging
- By 2025 we will optimise fibre use for individual supply chains in 100% of our new packaging solutions
- By 2025 we will take 1 billion pieces of problem plastics off supermarket shelves, take 250,000 trucks off the road and work with partners to find solutions for ‘hard to recycle’ packaging
- By 2025 we will engage 100% of our people on the circular economy
We will work together with partners to develop fully circular strategies, from design to production and supply to recycling, creating positive impact packaging for our changing world.
- It is our aim that by 2030 all of our packaging will be recycled or reused
- By 2030 we are aiming to optimize every fibre for every supply chain
- By 2030 our aim is to use packaging and recycling to enable the circular economy by replacing problem plastics, reducing customer carbon and eliminating consumer packaging waste
- By 2030 we will engage 5 million people on the circular economy
and circular lifestyles
We will also continue to drive carbon reduction and care for forests and their biodiversity.
- By 2025 we will protect forests and enhance biodiversity wherever we operate
- By 2030 we will reduce our CO2 emissions by 30% against a 2015 baseline
Our team members are the foundation of our success and we prioritize their health, safety and wellbeing above all else, and actively contribute to the communities we live and work in.