WRT’s Z-92® process is the most effective and environmentally responsible choice you can make for removing uranium from drinking water and the community. That’s because after removing the uranium, we return it to the fuel cycle; eliminating the disposal of treatment residuals and the associated long-term liability.
This process removes uranium by passing contaminated water through a fluidized bed of our proprietary Z-92® adsorptive media in treatment columns—without adding chemicals, generating liquid waste, or wasting water. We provide a complete solution, from process equipment and radiation safety assurance to the handling and transportation of uranium-loaded media.
WRT’s Z-92® Uranium Removal
- Reduction of uranium to less than the MCL guarantees regulatory compliance
- No backwash or regeneration cycle required
- Zero-liquid discharge system ensures that no liquid waste stream is generated
- Pre-treatment for iron removal not required
- Minimal maintenance and operation consists of routine monitoring and sampling
- No handling of radioactive materials, media or chemicals by utility staff
- Uranium is returned to the fuel cycle, eliminating the disposal of treatment residuals and the associated long term liability
- Z-92® is NSF Standard 61 certified for use in drinking water
- Complete package of services can be provided on a long-term contract basis