WIDE BAND DIFFUSERS
WIDE BAND DIFFUSERS
Wide Band diffusers from SSI Aeration deliver exceptional strength and durability in wastewater treatment applications. For engineers and service providers who need a system that’s more flexible than a fine bubble diffuser and more powerful than another type of coarse bubble diffuser, the Wide Band system is the ideal solution.
Wide Band diffusers provide long-lasting maintenance and treatments in a wide variety of industry-grade chambers and tanks. SSI has high-technology products available for anyone considering implementing a Wide Band diffuser system.
Wide Band systems have many characteristics that set them apart from other types of diffusers. Wide Band diffuser specifications and features include:
- Durable Stainless Steel Material
- Removable Deflectors
- Easily Replaceable Fixtures
- 1.7-2.5% SOTE/m Oxygen Transfer Rates
- Cast Endcaps
The Wide Band diffuser operates by creating an air reservoir, which allows air to pass freely through it. With help from the deflector plate at the bottom of the system, the diffuser keeps debris and sediment from entering or backing up the device’s functions. Corrosion-resistance and flexibility help this diffuser deliver balanced air distribution to all piping systems.
IDEAL FOR AEROBIC DIGESTERS, CHANNELS, EQUALIZATION TANKS AND GRIT CHAMBERS
- SSI Wide Band diffusers are available in 304L or 316L stainless steel
- Designed to be clog-free with oxygen transfer rates of 0.5 to 0.8% per foot of submergence (1.7 to 2.5% SOTE/m)
- Reliable alpha value plus economic design to cover tank floor make the SSI Wide Band the ideal choice for mixing in aerobic digesters, channels, equalization tanks and grit chambers
- Cast endcaps are welded all around
- Removable deflectors supplied with each diffuser
EASY INSTALL UPGRADE FOR A PLUGGED DIFFUSER
- Simply unscrew your Wide Band type diffuser from the existing piping system, and replace it with an SSI Aeration fixture
- Reduce worrying about clogging or turndown
- Save money, time and aggravation for minimal expense
- Design Flow: 10-40 SCFM (17-67 Nm3/hr)
- Flow Range: 0-4- SCFM (0-67 Nm3/hr
- Hole Quantity: 44
- Length: 24” (600mm)
The extra strength and durability provided by stainless steel Wide Band diffusers allow them to handle more demanding applications. Like most coarse bubble diffusers, Wide Band systems are best suited for use in a range of containments such as aerobic digesters, grit chambers and equalization tanks.
What sets these diffusers apart is that engineers and operators most often use them in more extreme conditions. For instance, these are suitable for chambers that may stay empty for long periods or become exposed to elements. Wide Band diffusers continue to operate well in the heat and freezing temperatures.
SSI Wide Band diffusers for sale offer several other benefits, such as: