Mondi Group announced plans for the modernisation and expansion of the Steti mill with an total investment of €470 million.
The project consists of the installation of a new recovery boiler, the rebuild of the fibre lines, the debottlenecking of the paper machines and an investment in a new 90,000 tonnes per annum machine glazed kraft paper machine. Key benefits of the project are:
• Increased electricity self-sufficiency, lower energy costs and reduced environmental footprint of the mill
• Increased pulp production of 130,000 tonnes per annum and lower pulp production costs per tonne
• Debottlenecking of existing packaging paper machines providing total incremental production of 55,000 tonnes per annum
• Additional capacity to produce 90,000 tonnes per annum of machine glazed kraft paper to supply fast growing end-uses in flexible packaging and food service applications
• Avoidance of maintenance capital expenditure over the next five years of around €105 million.
The new recovery boiler and rebuilt fibre lines are expected to start up in late 2018 while the new paper machine is expected to start up in the first half of 2019. Based on the current timetable, capital expenditure on the project is expected to be incurred in the three years from 2017 to 2019.
|Company Name||Mondi Group|
|Type||Modernisation & Expansion|
|Estimated Cost||€470 Million|